This research mainly focused on challenges faced by students due to issues in the new COVID-19 situation. While finding issues and challenges we need to find the other problems which were born from the impacts of Covid-19 on the educational system. Issues can be grown due to this pandemic because we don’t have any experience with these kinds of diseases, and we haven’t any solutions to that. Some vaccines were developed to increase immunity to avoid 6 viruses. However, students need to adapt to distance learning platforms. Therefore, the efficiency of distance learning and what are the modes used in distance learning will analyze and what kind of problems when they face while adapting to the new framework. Further, can we use online education as a solution for this? On the other hand, this study will find eligibility for access online and other kinds of distance learning methods.
Students missed a lot of days because of the lockdown and other related moving restrictions, especially in the western provinces and this study will analyze that loss and how it going to be affected their life. The question is can they regain that knowledge through this online education?
In developed countries, they are maintaining distance learning through their vast technology. But as a developing country, Sri Lanka is having issues maintaining recent technological skills and it can be a weakness during this pandemic we know that technology is playing a more significant role in today’s concurrent world. Further in 2021 research done by Statistic organization reveals the internet quality of our country by analyzing 85 countries and in that index, Sri Lanka became 85th country. (Kathrina Buchholz, 2021)
In briefly research questions of this study are,
- What kind of challenges do they face during this crisis?
- How has this distance learning affected the education system in universities?
- How does online learning affect their education?
- Have they noticed any side effects from this online learning?
- Can they get effective output from this use of online learning?
- Due to this spread of the virus, how do health conditions affect them while they are studying?
- How digital divide affects them?
- Are they really under stress because of all these changes?